Aquaphon A 200
When it comes to detecting leaks in water pipes by electro-acoustic means, the hearing and experience of the user are paramount. The AQUAPHON® system supports and simplifies this detection process thanks to the outstanding quality of its microphone and measuring technology, intelligent analysis functions, and the practical, visual representation of results on the display.
Most reliable leak detection ever
This cutting-edge system offers comfortable, wireless handling, ease of use, versatility, and a sturdy, ergonomic design. The AQUAPHON® system is ideal for both the location and pinpointing of leaks for confident excavation. It is suitable for all your leak detection challenges and will help you locate leaks safely and reliably.
The measurement principle
The water flowing out of the leak in the pipeline causes the pipeline material to vibrate. These vibrations are transmitted throughout the line and can be picked up as structure-borne noise, even at distant contact points such as fittings. The vibrations are also transmitted up through the ground to the surface as ground-borne noise, although this is very muted. The AQUAPHON® system is your perfect companion for leak detection as it makes the vibrations audible to the human ear and records and visually displays the volume and frequency spectrum.
Place the TS 200 carrying a rod with the connected TM 200 touch microphone on fittings along the pipeline and assess the volume. By comparing and determining the values, you can identify which section of the pipeline is most likely to contain the leak.
Pinpointing the leak
Use ground microphone BM 200 (for paved surfaces) or
BM 230 (for unpaved surfaces) to analyze the volumes in the identified section of pipe. To do this, connect the carrying rod
TS 200 to a ground microphone and move over the pipeline in short intervals. The acoustic signal and visual display of the intensity make it easy to find the maximum. You can now begin to excavate with confidence.
- Thanks to the high protection class (IP67) of the AQUAPHON® A 200 receiver, you’ll always be on the safe side, even in extreme environmental conditions. The receiver is impervious to dirt, dust and moisture. The TM 200 touch microphone used for prelocation can even be used continuously under water (IP68).
- The symmetrical housing of the AQUAPHON® A 200 receiver, means that it can be operated by both right- handed and left-handed users with ease.
- You can see everything at a glance: The clear 5.7 inch receiver display shows the current acoustic intensity both in a graph and as a numeric value. Alongside, you can see the previous values for comparison purposes, as well as the current frequency analysis of the noise.
- A full charge of the integrated Li-Ion rechargeable battery in the AQUAPHON® A 200 receiver, F6 wireless headphones and TS 200 carrying rod is enough for a full day’s work.
- ·Work effortlessly and ergonomically. The TS 200 carrying rod with its balanced, ergonomic design fits snugly into your hand. The flexible carrying system for the receiver with two cross belts can be adjusted individually and enables various carrying positions.
Intelligent system in practice
The AQUAPHON® system is completely wireless as the TS 200 carrying rod, AQUAPHON® A 200 receiver and F6 wireless headphones communicate by Sewerin Digital Radio (SDR). Not only does this allow you incredible freedom of movement, it also offers a much greater sound quality without interference from swinging cables.
The system is operated without buttons or switches using the sturdy 5.7 inch VGA display with touch screen. It offers excellent readability, even in strong sunshine, and can also be operated with gloves. The display is clear and features large, distinct symbols.
The AQUAPHON® A 200 receiver guides you through the various applications with instructions, which means that even less experienced and occasional users can operate the device reliably.
Safety thanks to customisable hearing protection: if there is any sudden loud interference noise, e.g. passing vehicles, or if the microphone slips off the valve rod extension, the signal in the headphones can either be muted or completely switched off. Once the source of interference goes quiet, the hearing protection automatically switches back off again.
Professional technology for challenging tasks
- The high quality piezo microphones with a frequency response specially optimised for leak detection and digital signal processing guarantee excellent acoustic properties. Thanks to the brilliant sound quality and minimisation of sound interference, you can reliably identify and locate leaks, even if the acoustic intensity of the leak is low or there is loud ambient noise.
- At the touch of a button the AQUAPHON® A 200 receiver calculates filters tailored to the current noises and automatically selects suitable frequency ranges. Alternatively, you can manually set filter limits to suit your individual hearing and select frequency ranges that highlight the leak noise. This allows you to concentrate fully on the leak without any sound interference.
- You can record leak noises using the integrated audio player and compare them with each other. Then you can create a noise database to help you analyse leak noises on site, or use this function for training or demonstration purposes.
The TS 200 carrying rod can be connected to three different microphones. Whereas up until now a special test rod and a carrying rod were required for ground microphones, the TS 200 fulfils both functions. It can be connected to the relevant microphones depending on the application. The TS 200 is powered by a high performance rechargeable battery which guarantees reliable operation for a full day’s work. It can be charged in less than four hours directly in the system case.
The TM 200 touch microphone was developed especially for prelocation at fittings in the pipe network. Its frequency response means that it can reliably detect both quiet and low noises, usually occurring in plastic pipes, as well as loud, high-pitched leak noises in metal pipes. The probe tip and available extensions in different lengths mean that it can be perfectly adapted to the structural conditions of all pipe networks. To help you correctly place it on the valve rod extensions, even in the darkness of the valve box, the TM 200 has a torch function, which is activated on the TS 200 carrying rod.
The BM 200 ground microphone is ideal for paved surfaces. The very sturdy housing is optimally decoupled from the actual microphone capsule. A lifting mechanism ensures consistently perfect contact with the ground, so that small bumps make no difference.
The BM 230 ground microphone lends itself more to use on unpaved surfaces. Its solid tripod always guarantees a firm base. If the ground is particularly soft, it is possible to screw on a spike to improve the sound transmission even further.
The system case provides ample space to safely hold all the components of the AQUAPHON® system. The TS 200 carrying rod, the AQUAPHON® A 200 receiver and the F6 wireless headphones can be charged at the same time. Chargers are available for the measuring vehicle as well as for the workshop and office.